Chocolate Chip Cookies




After trying different versions, I finally found the one that works for me. This recipe is from my best friend who got it from her fantabulous bhabhi. Even after making batches of these cookies multiple times, every time I baked them I would ask her again to send me the recipe and bomb her with questions like "How long should I bake?" And "how many grams is 1 cup butter?"
So before she blows off I decided its high time to compile this keeper recipe with slight tweaks.

Ingredients

1 and half cup sugar ( 1 cup white and half cup brown)
3/4th tsp baking soda
1 egg
200 gms butter
2 cups Quaker oats
1 and half cup White flour
2 cups hersheys semi sweet chocolate chips
A pinch of salt

Method

Cream the butter with the sugar and eggs in a big bowl.
In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients (baking soda, oats, White flour, salt and chocolate chips)
Add the dry ingredients into the butter mix slowly.
You can use an electric heater or a spoon or your bare hands to incorporate the dry mix into the wet.

Preheat the oven at 180 degree for 10 minutes. And while this is on, make equal sized flattened balls and arrange them on your baking tray
Bake for 15 minutes or a bit longer if you want crunchy ones. If you are looking for soft centres and crispy ends then 10 to 12 minutes is just fine.

While the cookies are baking and the oven emanates of deleriously sweet aroma, I get cleaning. I am a messy worker and have flour over my counters, usually. So if you are one too then get scrubbing but if you are something of a perfectionist, you ll still have bowls to be washed. So use this time wisely ;) and then indulge in a cup of hot coffee and warm chocolate oozing cookies. A just reward :)


Makes three dozen cookies.

Comments