Book review- And then they were none





Ten people are invited to a house in soldier land, shrouded with mystery. None know their hosts, yet the hype about the island drives them all in.
Even after they reach the house, the hosts are still absconding. While they were just making themselves comfortable, there is a bizarre announcement that accuses them all of murder.
Is this some sort of cruel joke? Will they remain alive to find out? Where will it lead?
A doctor,  a judge, a games teacher, a police man and a few more are needed to get the fun started. A fine assortment of characters !
                                  *****************
I read a couple of pages and I was about to give up on it. Too many characters and the plot looked dense. With two young kids, I was pretty sure I would not be able to read the book at a stretch and I would lose the plot.
But then I read a bit more and was too intrigued to keep the book down. The plot unfolded very beautifully and even though I read it in lapses, I  didn't lose the trail. Half way through the book, and then there was no keeping the book down till I turned the last page.           
Agatha Christie is a wonder woman. Crafting ten different people with their unique thinking processes is sheer talent and literary genius.
I could never guess the murdere, although I suspected him at a certain point, but few chapters later changed my mind.
A uniquely taut masterpiece.


Comments