Book review - Turtles all the way down


Turtles All The Way Down

"Love is not a tragedy, or a failure but a gift."
John Green

The book is about two friends and their journey to find a fugitive, who also happens to be the father of protagonist's love.
 Aza has been sketched extremely well, her sufferings with OCD felt so real. She obsesses about catching a bacterial infection, constantly. The fear never leaves. She even wonders at times if she's true. She's distraught by the fact that she cannot controll her emotions. And this obsession becomes her- A dragon that she cannot slay.
Aza knows she's being cruel to herself but finds her self against her thought spiral, which fetters her.
Her love, Davis gives her a huge amount of money because he thinks she's after the reward to catch his father and that's why she's keeping in touch with him and he would like to know that after being given the money she would stay in touch. Something like a test of sincerity.
Plot was ok, kind of slow. But the writing style was beautiful. I didn't know I was capable of so much empathy, before reading this one 🤣
I loved how Aza towards the end is able to describe to her friend Daisy how her illness feels like with the analogy of the dark tunnel.
The ending is so sad, but well, that's how life for most of us it. It has to go on.
I was so sad the when the book end. I loved the book and I think I might read it again, some years later. In Sha Allah
 My rating for this one is 4.5/5

Which one is your favourite, from this author?

Comments