On women's day

I am a garment to my husband
I have a fixed portion of inheritance.
I am able to marry the man I chose.
It's not allowed for my husband to take dowry.
I became three times more important than my husband when I became a mother
And paradise lies under my feet
I became a reason for paradise for my father on my good upbringing
I was protected from being murdered in the womb, and also being burried alive
 Yet, you still think I am opressed.
 My Maker forbade alcohol- A core key in most major cases of domestic violence
 ‎He released me from the shackles of culture, by divinely revealed laws
It's humiliating being labelled opressed, 
When I see myself far away from it.
 ‎When I bled on my red days, I am not considered an outcast, not now and not 1400 years before
 ‎Yet, you don't believe me
 ‎I am not oppressed or caged
 ‎The choices I make are completely mine
 ‎In accordance with the laws He inspired 
 ‎I am only a slave to the Most Merciful
 ‎
 ‎
 ‎

Comments