My Grocery List

My grocery list is an amalgamation of all sorts, typed into 'Google Keep', cause although I loved the ease of pen and paper and jotting items as and when they came to mind, the husband's killer looks were difficult to keep up with, every time I  shoved my hand into the purse to get the flimsy paper out.
Raw materials in the form of veggies,chicken, meat and eggs, which over the week will manifest themselves on our wooden dining table in the forms of Alfredo pasta, simple tomato chicken gravy, a nice cheesey omelette and keema parathas and Choley puri, were all part of the list.
I make sure to pick a lot of bellpeppers. The level of bellpepper in my dishes is directly proportional to the level of annoyance my better half has caused me on that particular day. There are also bunches of coriander leaves, cause desi food is no fun if it doesn't have a liberal shower of this most delightful herb known to man.
I make sure to take trays of mince meat, as its the most versatile thing to happen to me, it easily takes the form of fillings for sandwiches, a meat sauce for pasta and lasagne or makes the juiciest burgers.
And also pairs perfectly with potatoes to make up a shepherd's pie
There is lots of milk on the list too, cause the absence of a latte for breakfast can render me completely useless. And also my Dubai based school going child thrives on milk for breakfast, cause eating anything else in Dubai can make you miss your very early morning school bus.
This is a Dubai bug, that's affected almost all the students here.
There are also diapers on the list for the two year old, for a modern day homemaker cannot survive in their absence.
Leggings on the list, as I have yet to find more comfy leggings then the 'tex' ones found here, and these are an epic example of how the cheapest things provide the maximum comfort.
There is khubz and bread on the list too, as living in Dubai I have forgotten my roots and am still yet to master the art of making perfectly round rotis,  although I have crossed the stage of geographical maps, getting a perfect globe is still a dream.
There are packets of readymade Shan and Mehran masalas cause just a teaspoon can completely perk up a dish and take it to a new level, and I can enjoy my status of a good chef, unrivalled.
There is a bucket of 'Rawabi Fresh yoghurt' cause in the scorching summers of Dubai, curd rice for lunch is a feast, unparalleled by any fancy pulao or nawabi biryani.
I never forget my two dozen bananas- my organic energy giving bars!
There are also packets of loakers and bugles to bribe the kids to be good and to treat them when they are.
A bucket of Baskin Robbins also always makes it to my list. I always convince my self with the convinction of a lawyer that  few excess pounds are completely, irrelevant when I am happy. And happiness gives me wings, much stronger than the ones redbull claims to provide.
And if I can fly, I am free. And those flabs will cease to matter. With those beautiful pair of wings, I can cast away images of hour glass figures from my mind, with snobbery of the highest degree.
And then I am all set for my weekly shopping, armed with two kids and a man who make my world.

Comments