Pain

Trying to devour as much as I can,  my head starts to split- yet, there are several modules to cover.
The pain before an exam is so real.
I am often amazed at how my pea sized brain is able to absorb so much of information, a week before the exam  and how good my time management skills seem to get and how a semesters portion, I am able to master in a span of a week.
All the notes, just seem to fall into place miraculously a week before the exam, but with all the caffeine and sleepless nights, I always end up resolving to be punctual, the upcoming semester with the studies and the notes.
And at the back of my mind, I am making amazing plans and to do lists, I would do after the exams are over.
I am already imagining my self as the most productive woman to walk the face of the earth.
How I often wish, that these gloriously positive thoughts linger even after the exams. But right after the exam, they are poof-gone! Like they never existed.
Ask a person who's facing exams in a week, the pain of seeing their families enjoy the little pleasures of life, which suddenly seem to have been so mercilessly snatched, like dozing an extra half hour in the morning or watching a favourite show or simply staring into space.
Amidst so much stress, the children come along with their human needs, if one needs a diaper change, the other is utterly bored.
And then the phone rings and I have a caller who wouldn't keep the phone no matter how much I silently pray, and then when I politely let them know that I have an exam, they say, "Why do you want to study, when you have kids and a house to tend?"
O' agony, why don't you leave?
Then comes the night of the exam, bringing with it the trauma of being blank and clueless.
Tossing and turning, like an overly pregnant women and watching my clock every hour with an only open eye to see if it's time to wake up to some last minute revision, or better still, learn a completely new chapter.
When I realise I am completely doomed, its already time to face the exam.
That's when the real horror begins, with the question paper staring at you, piercing you with its confusing questions and the jumbled mind cannot see it's way through. And the reality that I am worser prepared than I really thought jolts me awake from my nightmare. And the reality sinks in, that a semester cannot really be covered in a week.
 And the pangs of facing that subject again and appearing for a re-exam, now that's what I call, real pain!
And as I douse in my misery, I remember the dirty dishes lying in my sink and the undone laundry that's eagerly awaiting my arrival.

Comments

Post a Comment