Dreams


I dream of a day where the huge furry dogs in my building, scare me no more
and that I can look them in the eye and tell them a fine hello.
I also a dream of a day when the Dubai's sun is merciful to the people below and does not scorch them, with her shining rays.
I dream of weekends where my five year old daughter will not be up for me, and sleep a wee bit more into the morning hours.
I dream of a day where the hyped up fine restros live up to all their worth, and not just rob me off my money
I dream of day when my ManU crazy hubby, drops his idea of a lazy Saturday weekend, for the sound of waves and sand between the toes.
I dream of a day where I find a rational answer for all of my kid's questions
The last one being that if Allah is watching me all the time, does that mean that He's staring at me?!
I dream of  a day where I will be able to stick to my diet charts and to-do lists for more than two weeks.
I dream of a day when the fear of labour won't be a hindrance to having more babies and that sleepless nights and dirty diapers are really very okay.
I dream of a day where I can write 1000 words a day and not run out of ideas the moment my pen hits the paper. And I can say, "writer's block?! Oh! That's just a myth, you know!
I dream of a day where Syria is free and every child wakes up early to the the dreaded yellings of his mom, coercing him to get ready for school.
And the memories of his lost friend, cease to haunt him when he goes to bed at night.
I dream of a day where I can conquer my fear of depths and explore the vastness of the ocean, and have chai with Nemo and Dory
I dream of a day when I go to global village, the time decides to stop for me for a while, so that I can hop from one pavilion to another with leisure and without the anxiety of missing out on any.
I dream of drinking 'ganne ka juice' on the streets of Pune and Mumbai without the anxiety of falling sick or the vendor peeing into the vessel, in which he collects the juice, or making ice of dirty water.
I dream of writing books freely, without the worry of marketing or publication costs, or wages to pay the editor and cover designer. And that the literary agents are more prompt with their replies.
I dream of a day when the ginger garlic paste gets done in a jiffy without the misery of opening the blender lid several times, and going through it with my spatula, because a stubborn garlic clove got caught up in a lousy affair with it's blades. And that the pungent smell of the garlic goes off from my hands, in the very first soapy hand wash.
And the blackhead nose strips do what they are meant to and also the teeth whitening toothpastes.
And that I give up on dreams of fitting into my wedding dresses, without giving them for alterations.
I also dream of a day where my writings ring of coherency and people understand my rants and prose.

Comments

  1. Beautifully written 👍. May Allah make your dreams come true. Ameen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment